NY Sports Dog: Morgan, Joe Wants to See You

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Morgan, Joe Wants to See You

I want to once again point my readers over to Morgan Ensberg's amazing baseball blog.  Simply put, there is nothing else like it, and you would be remiss if you didn't check it out.

I'll start you with a sample of his latest offering, but be warned, you'll need to go to the blog to finish the story...


Ensberg!  You’re Up!
Those were the words of Mike Gillespie, my coach at USC.  It was our first game in 1996 and I was a sophomore.  We were playing the University of Nevada Reno and I was on the bench, but I was about to get my first at bat of the season.
My heart jumped out of my shirt, but I took a deep breath and started trying to relax.
Calm down.  You have been hitting extra batting practice in the cage after every single practice for a year.  You have taken extra ground balls every single day.
You have never had it easy.  You are the guy who finds a way to win.  You’re a grinder!  This is when it counts!  You can do this.  It’s time. This is your shot Morgan.

Lord, I need you now.  Thank you for this opportunity.  You continue to bless me when I don’t deserve it!  Please help me calm down and allow me to use the ability that you have given me.  Amen.

I have prepared.  I am ready.
As I stepped into the box I couldn’t feel my body.  But as the pitcher started his motion to the plate, everything went silent.  There is the ball!
Contact!
As I finish my swing I look up towards right center field.  The center and right fielder are moving towards the fence.  Go ball!  Go!
HOMERUN!!!!  I DID IT!  I HIT A HOMERUN!!!!!!!  THANK YOU GOD FOR HELPING ME PREPARE!

Click here to finish reading the story...
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails