NY Sports Dog: Write Jerry Koosman a Letter in Prison

Monday, April 19, 2010

Write Jerry Koosman a Letter in Prison

Friends, I had a thought this morning, and I hope you'll all join me.

Write Jerry Koosman a letter, wish him well, tell him to hang in there.

As you know, Jerry is in prison for tax evasion, and he isn't scheduled for release until June.  The man is 67 years old.

I think he would appreciate hearing from his fans as this undoubtedly represents a low point in an otherwise successful life.

Anyway, as I sat drinking my coffee this morning I went on a hunt for Jerry.  I am no Internet sleuth, but I did manage to find him after about 30 minutes of searching around.

I did the Google thing with no luck.  Then I went to the Federal Bureau of Prisons website and looked up Jerry...no match, and then I remembered his first name is Jerome, and bingo, a match.  He is in the Duluth Federal Prison in Minnesota.

Name   Register #   Age-Race-Sex   Release Date Location
JEROME M KOOSMAN  06864-090  67-White-M  6/30/2010 DULUTH FPC

To contact Jerry, use the following:

Inmate Mail
Use this address when sending correspondence and parcels to inmates confined at this facility.

INMATE NAME; REGISTER NUMBER
FPC DULUTH
FEDERAL PRISON CAMP
P.O. BOX 1000
DULUTH, MN  55814

I think Jerry would appreciate it.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be great if her got 1,000 letters in the next few weeks after probably getting like 5 in the last 4 months?

Dave Singer said...

The goal is 1,000 letters to Jerry.

Help spread the word!

Anonymous said...

Koos should be on your Mt Rushmore also. If he doesn't win Game 2 in Baltimore, guess what? We don't win the WS. The man has been terribly neglected by the Mets and deserves to have his #36 retired----hanging along #41.

Related Posts with Thumbnails