NY Sports Dog: The Wonder of Impeccable Timing

Monday, April 6, 2009

The Wonder of Impeccable Timing


About 3 months ago my boss asked me, "Dave, do you want to go to a conference in Miami?"

It took me about 2 seconds to say yes.

Two weeks ago he asked me if I'd made my travel arrangements yet.

"For what?" I asked. "Miami dude!" was his reply.

"Oh shit" was all that came to mind once I realized:

  • I would be traveling during the Mets opening day game (my flight leaves at 12:00 from D.C.)
  • It is my daughter's spring break, and this was our week to visit colleges
  • I fly home during Thursday's game for a meeting in D.C. on Friday
  • The Mets go to Miami on Friday to play the Fish
So yes my friends, timing, as they say, is everything, and right now mine sucks.

I am praying for a weather delay!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell your boss you quit. What's the problem?

C'mon, Dave, it's Opening Day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails