NY Sports Dog: Beltran Barks Back at Torre

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Beltran Barks Back at Torre

Carlos Beltran, one of the classiest players ever to grace the diamonds of New York, bit back at Joe Torre yesterday.

The wonderful Ben Shipgel from the NY Times reported:

Joe Torre touched on Beltrán’s reported desire to take that discount and play for the Yankees in the book he co-wrote with Sports Illustrated’s Tom Verducci, “The Yankee Years.”

Torre said: “Beltran wanted to come to us, so he could hide among the trees. Nobody wants to be that guy to lead.” Before being honored at the Thurman Munson Dinner on Tuesday evening,

Beltrán responded to Torre’s comments. “First of all, I don’t know Joe Torre personally, so I don’t know what kind of person he is,” Beltrán said. “The second thing I have to say is that when I met with the Yankees when I was a free agent, he wasn’t there, so you know, he didn’t know that we talked, so I didn’t meet him. So if he did say what he said, then that’s his opinion. I don’t have to comment on that. I feel very happy where I am.”

When all this is said and done, Joe Torre is going to regret his tell-all mistake.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails