NY Sports Dog: Billy Wagner to Have Shoulder Examined

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Billy Wagner to Have Shoulder Examined

The NY Mets are reporting that closer Billy Wagner will have his shoulder examined on Monday during the Mets off day.

Manager Jerry Manuel said, "We want to know what was keeping him tight. It was 120 degrees. ... I was loose."

The tightness began, Wagner said, as he warmed up.

He didn't anticipate having his am examined by an MRI.

"I hope I don't have to spend that much time in the city," he said.

Wagner said the trapezius has bothered him for about two weeks.

"I'm old -- I'm supposed to hurt," said Wagner, who turns 37 on Friday.

Wagner struck out the side in the bottom of the 10th to earn the save as the Mets closed out their series with the Reds in Cincinnati.

Zemanta Pixie

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails