- He has a career OPS+ of 114, ie, the guy can hit
- 68 extra-base hits in 470 at-bats in 2007
- Excellent range factor in the outfield, ie, the guy can field
- Zero errors in 54 major league right field games, and a career .993 fielding percentage
- He can hit lefty’s…he really can
- Posted a vastly superior on-base and slugging percentages after the 2007 All-Star break (.354, .532 respectively) and has continued to rake in 2008
- Was a pitcher in college, ie, he has a great arm
- Loves being a Met! Here’s the quote after he got traded: "How would you feel?" Church said with a laugh one recent morning, sitting at his locker in the Mets' star-studded clubhouse. "It was like an early Christmas present, like a weight was lifted off my shoulders."
- He has a .350 batting average and has hit both his HRs off lefty’s in 2008….did I mention he can hit lefty’s?
- My wife and teenage daughter thinks he’s hot, so they are actually watching a few innings with me this year and talking about someone else besides David Wright.
1 day ago