It's been tough reading some of the crap being spewed about the Mets over these past few months, but there is a point when you can stop and smell the roses, or in this case the fresh green grass of spring training.
We've reached that point, so from here forward, try to obey these basic rules as we gear up for the season, or I will go positively Tim Foli on your ass!
- Rule #1: When the Mets claim a minor leaguer you don't know much about, don't say, "oh great, another stupid move". At least try to realize small moves get made for a variety of reasons, and there is a business being run.
- Rule #2: Every big name free agent was not destined be a Met, just like they weren't all destined to be a Yankee, Philly, Twin, or Blue Jay.
- Rule #3: Quitting on your team and shouting it on every message board before the season starts is boorish behavior.
- Rule #4: You used to enjoy baseball, then 2009 happened, we understand. We also understand you should effing get over it already.
- Rule #5: It's OK to complain, it's not OK to complain about everything....we will make an exception to allow you to complain about this post...then you can please shut up.