Assist Sr. Director of Event Presentation & Production to ensure that all elements of the Mascot Program are implemented correctly and follow the company’s values. Mascot Program includes all appearances, game operation duties and general administration as well as training alternate & assistants involved with the Mascot Program.
• Responsible for performing at two hundred (200) appearances throughout the fiscal year (November 1- October 31)
• Work with Sr. Director to ensure that the Alternate Mascot is correctly and thoroughly trained in a manner consistent with the character and has been given the tools with which to perform to their fullest extent
• Participate in league initiatives (i.e. All-Star) or any other appearances as deemed necessary by the Sr. Director.
• Perform as Sluggerrr at all Royals home games (81)
• Work with Sr. Director to create, develop and implement mascot skits performed at Royals games
• Work with Mascot Appearance Coordinator to ensure that all props, signs etc. are kept up in a manner suitable for showing at games and appearances
• Maintain office hours as scheduled by Sr. Director. Use office hours to work on developing the character’s craft (props, shooting drills, skits/video features etc.)
• Attend weekly EPP staff meetings and any other meeting as requested by Mascot Appearance Coordinator &/or Sr. Director
• Assist in any additional duties assigned by the Mascot Appearance Coordinator &/or Sr. Director
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must be at least a high school graduate (college degree preferred)
• Must have at least two years experience as a mascot at the college or professional level
• Must be a creative performer
• Must possess a basic knowledge of Major League Baseball
• Ability to support & grow the Mascot Character/Program
• Must be 6’-6’4” tall in order to fit costume properly
• Must provide a DVD or link to view a video highlight & photo while performing
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you at least 18 years old?
2. Do you have at least 2 years experience as a mascot at the college or professional level?
3. Are you at least 6’ tall?
4. Can you provide a DVD or link to view a video highlight & photo of your performances?