One of the most talked about items going into the season is "what will the Mets lineup look like on Opening day?"
My money's on...
Jose Reyes, SS, SW
Luis Castillo, 2B, SW
David Wright, 3B, RH
Carlos Beltran, CF, SW
Jason Bay, LF, RH
Carlos Delgado, 1B, LH
Jeff Francoeur, RF, RH
Bengie Molina, C, RH
Johan Santana, P, LH
While many Mets fans may be down on that lineup, there is no question it has the potential for greatness, or at least "very goodness", but it also comes with a fair share of questions.
- Will Jose Reyes come back fully healed and capable of playing 150+ games?
- Same question--Carlos Beltran.
- Can David Wright truly return to form, or will 2010 be another frustrating year?
- Will the Mets re-sign Delgado to an incentive laden deal, and if so, what will his production look like?
- Is Jeff Francoeur the .311 BA hitter the Mets had for a few months, or the .282 OBP player that was essentially let go by the Braves.
- Does Bengie Molina get done, and is a little bit of power enough for a guy that struggles to get on base and is fairly average defensively at this point? (threw out 23% of basestealers last year)
Davis turns 23 in March, and the time might be now vice 2011. There's also Chris Carter, who played over half of his minor league games at 1B.
I'll ask you this...are you ready for another year of Daniel Murphy?